Did you know you can get more out of your PPC ads?
When we are managing campaigns for our clients, the most common request from them is for us to optimize their PPC campaigns to target their local customers.
We put these 5 tips to optimize your PPC campaign for local customers together, so you are able to get the most out of your ads.
Utilizing these 5 tips will help you reach a more targeted audience, and see better results from your PPC ads.
What is PPC?
PPC, or Pay-Per-Click, advertising is a type of online advertising that allows businesses to bid on keywords in order to have their ads displayed when someone searches for those terms. When a person clicks on the ad, the business pays a pre-determined amount of money to the publisher. PPC advertising is an effective way to reach more customers and drive traffic to your website.
PPC is a tremendous tool for any business, but it’s especially effective when trying to target more local customers. By adjusting the settings to include or exclude certain locations and using relevant keywords specific to the customers you want to attract, you’ll be able to reach a more targeted audience and see better results.
How to Optimize a PPC Campaign for Local Customers
When setting up a PPC campaign for local customers, here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Choose the Right Keywords – When targeting locals, it’s important to use keywords that are specific to the area you’re targeting. This will help ensure that your ads are displayed to people who are actually interested in what you have to offer.
- Adjust the Ad Schedule – Make sure to limit the ad schedule to times your local customers are active online. This will limit the number of clicks you will get from non-local internet users who Google or Bing have accidentally shown your ad to.
- Use Local Images – If you are looking to make a PPC ad for your real estate business in Maine, you would not want to use a house photo with cacti in the front garden. Since cacti don’t commonly grow outdoors in Maine, this photo would feel irrelevant to your target customer. This attention to the details of a potential photo will ensure your target customer is seeing ads that are relevant to them.
- Use Location Extensions – Add location extensions to your ads so potential customers can see how close you are to them. This will help to further increase the chances of someone clicking on your ad and visiting your website. Before doing this, make sure your Google My Business info is up-to-date. Otherwise, the info used in your location extension may be incorrect!
- Use Additional Demographics Targeting – Chances are you have a good understanding of the types of individuals in your area that would benefit from your product or service. Be sure to include these demographics in your audience targeting.
Optimizing your PPC campaigns for local customers can be a great way to reach more potential clients. The tips we’ve provided here will help you get started thinking about how you can adjust the settings of your campaign for better conversion.
Sound Like Too Much Work?
If you would rather hand this project off to a specialist, let us know! We can take care of optimizing your PPC campaigns for you. We charge the lowest rates for PPC advertising around. Our typical PPC campaign management job costs 10% of the ad budget. We are very proud of that figure, because industry averages are around 12-30% of the total ad campaign budget!
Sign up for PPC Ad Campaign Management Here.